- Be sure all pressure is purged from the Torus body, then carefully remove plugs / fittings from body ports.
- Remove the nuts from the studs that hold the bonnet to the body.
- Using lift eye bolts, remove the bonnet from the body.
- Remove the inner packer.
- Remove the outer packer assembly.
- Split Keeper Type: Remove split keeper ring assembly, if applicable.
- One Piece Type: Remove orings (2), if applicable.
- Clean and inspect all parts for damage, including the bonnet to body seal.
Note: Replace worn / damaged parts. The outer packer should be closely inspected for cuts, tears, or cracking. Replace the outer packer if any damage is found. The inner packer may evidence surface damage around its inside diameter, and still perform satisfactorily. Replacement of the inner packer should be at the operator’s discretion, or if the packer will not test.