- Prepare the Outer Packer Assembly.
- Split Keeper type: Install the split keeper halves in the groove on the outside diameter of the outer packer. CAUTION!! Care should be taken not to nick or tear the outer packer.
- One Piece ‘DS’ Type: Install (2) o rings in the top & bottom grooves on the outside of the packer.
- Lubricate the inside of the BOP body and outside of the outer packer with light oil. Do not use heavy grease.
- Install the outer packer assembly into the BOP body. CAUTION!! Do not align split keeper holes with inlet ports in the body.
- Lubricate the inner packer with light oil and install it inside the outer packer. Ensure packers are both seated into the body.
- Replace the bonnet to body seal. (May be hydraulic packing or an o ring)
- If there is a groove on the under side of the bonnet, install hydraulic packing. Over lap the ends of the packing on each other and trim to fit (cut at a 45 degree angle).
- If there is a groove in the top of the body, just inside the studs, install an o ring into the groove.
- Use ‘Never-Seize’ or equivalent on the stud threads. Install & torque the nuts to 800-1,000 ft-lbs.
- Apply thread tape or dope to threads and install plugs / fittings into 1″ NPT body port(s), as required.